Squad Status 08/09

Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote: If the vast majority of the squad is not assembled by pre-season, some serious questions will need to be asked.
Here are some serious questions that we can ask:
  • Given the failure of the US to impose a stable democracy in Iraq, who should partner Yemi up front?

The current global food price crisis has led to widespread criticism of the use of inefficient biofuels. Bearing this in mind, should Jeannin be played at left back?

It is now almost indisputable that climate change has been exacerbated by human interference, and that the effects are getting to the stage where they will soon be irreversible. So just who will play wide right?
No, surely, given the increase in World cereal prices, to the extent that Afghan farmers are increasingly planting crops rather than opium, and African nations are more and more selling their crops abroad rather than feeding their own starving people, would it not be more sensible to expect that a central midfielder is desperately required.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Days to the start of the BSP season 57.
Additions to our much depleted squad from last season 0.
When do we start to panic?
Frank
Puberty

Re:

Post by Frank »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:Days to the start of the BSP season 57.
Been wondering the same thing.

Panic will surely begin to set in from about now as each day goes by.

We can assume we are behind on strikers having waited for Green, but, why no movement in other positions?

Oh well - get my season ticket soon next week :D
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Season tickets arrived two days ago.

I would not be too surprised to see Hand back with us. Howard I am quite confident about but the lack of strikers is the greatest cause for concern.
And what about this other keeper we are supposed to be getting to provide competition for Turley?
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

This could be our first signing

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/argusge ... triker.php
[/code]
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Does this guy actually exist? Soccerbase only claims knowledge of two Scott Taylors - 1 and 2, and neither seems like the right person. Mind you, Soccerbase has been known to be fallible often enough.

Edit: Oh, hang on, here he is. Found him via a google search. He didn't show up when I searched soccerbase itself, bizarrely.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotJimski&quot wrote: Oh, hang on, he is. Found him via a google search. He didn't show up when I searched soccerbase itself, bizarrely.
So, should we be getting all excited?
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Scott Taylor is a good finisher with good movement.

Potentially a good addition. There are not too mnay decent strikers
available. I had a look at the list in th Non League Paper last Sunday and was pretty underwhelmed.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

It looks like he will be playing at the United stadium if he decides to remain a full-time professional but will go to The Dripping Pan if he opts to go part-time.
scooter
Dashing young thing

Post by scooter »

Hmmm, three goals in 25 games last season, so half the player Rob Duffy was.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote: I had a look at the list in th Non League Paper last Sunday and was pretty underwhelmed.
&quotPretty underwhelmed&quot is how I am beginning to feel.
56 days to go.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

Please tell me that this is a silly season non-story!
I cannot believe that Patto would think that this player is the answer to our goal scoring problems..............please, let this be a bad dream!
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:Days to the start of the BSP season 57.
From 20th June 2007:
&quotMally&quot wrote:This comes up every year at about this time. There's always people complaining at the lack of signings but we always start the seaon with a full squad.

Any players that are any good won't jump at their first offer and will string clubs along as long as they can in the hope of a better offer coming along.
'nuf said.
deanwindass
Puberty

Post by deanwindass »

Keep faith. Didn't Aldershot have about 4 players registered with two weeks to go or something? Also, a friend of mine who is a Hereford fan claims that they only had 5 signed on within a week of their first game last season - loads of trialists and loan signings later and they're in league one.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Sideshow Rob »

&quotscooter&quot wrote:Hmmm, three goals in 25 games last season, so half the player Rob Duffy was.
Or 6 in 12 starts for Grays if you count the cup game. Two hat tricks playing at out level and it is not clear if he played all his games up front or whether he played some wide left.