Very interesting

Anything yellow and blue
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Very interesting

Post by DLT »

I read that the Supporters trust that owns York City has decided to sell a majority shareholding to a private individual.
Yorkie
Toddler

Post by Yorkie »

The private individual is the club's managing director. The decision was far from unanimous, and resulted from concerns about the club's financial prospects.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorksp ... f_city.php
Yorkie
Toddler

Post by Yorkie »

Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

that is interesting.

to take the discussion slightly off-topic, i wondered if anyone had any views on this:
almost 50 per cent of the Trust's 1,281-strong membership failed to vote.
in relation to the issue of oxvox's membership numbers. i don't know whether this is the case (perhaps our york-based poster could shed some light here), but it sounds to me like since crisis-time, half the membership have drifted away/aren't interested enough to vote on a key decision in the history of their football club.

still, 600 odd is still about three times what we have in oxvox currently.
Yorkie
Toddler

Post by Yorkie »

I can't really say - sorry. I have no no close association with York City (I moved up here four years ago after 26 years in Headington), and heard local radio reports about the vote. The supporters' trust was formed when the club was in imminent danger of folding completely, so the present situation may not be perceived as so critical. In the meantime has come demotion to the Conference (though crowd figures have held up reasonably well), and given also the time of year maybe the 50% turnout isn't so surprising.

Looking forward to the chance to watch the Us here again next season - and at Halifax (not Scarborough, though!).