Mac Attack

Anything yellow and blue
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Mac Attack

Post by YF Dan »

Can we get excited about a striker with fewer goals than Robert Duffy this season?

I can't (yet).
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

Rad Ox were raving about him in the 5-0 game, I seem to remember
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

McAllister was the striker who destroyed Willmott with his pace
for the third goal at Nene Park. He looked very good that night and has a goal scoring pedigree at this level. Not only did he skin Motty, he finished expertly past Turley.

At Woking he was highly regarded and should have gone on to better things. Maybe he has now?
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

I will also say that when we signed Paul Moody, I was completely unimpressed by his record too.

I went on to spend most of my early adult life wanting his babies.
Shoobedoo
Puberty

Post by Shoobedoo »

It's a decent signing but will only bear fruit if the service to the front two is radically improved... I still think a left winger is a massive need although now that Quarter Pounder (sorry, wrong junk food chain) has signed, perhaps we'll see the end of Joel Ledgister as a striker and he can play in his proper position as a right winger.

If Murray can pass the ball then that's also a step forward.

I would like to see the situation with Danny Rose sorted one way or another, sooner rather than later. Personally I would want to keep him IF we can get him fit. Put him alongside a ball winner with options ahead of him or wide of him and I could see him really hurting opposition defences.

I feel a little more optimistic today.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:McAllister was the striker who destroyed Willmott with his pace
for the third goal at Nene Park. He looked very good that night and has a goal scoring pedigree at this level. Not only did he skin Motty, he finished expertly past Turley.

At Woking he was highly regarded and should have gone on to better things. Maybe he has now?
The vast majority of BSP strikers would have destroyed Wilmott for pace. He has not been properly fit for us for ages.
Goal scoring pedigree - 1 in 4 matches. Whilst that is good by OUFC's awful goal scoring standards most other team would laugh at such a record.
But again I'll cast judgement when I've seen him play.
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Slabber yet?

Both signings have potential to please or dishearten I just hope TIU stay off their backs for a few weeks.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:I will also say that when we signed Paul Moody, I was completely unimpressed by his record too.

Blimey, those would have been the ugliest babies ever to have seen the light of day. :shock:
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotYF Dan&quot wrote:I will also say that when we signed Paul Moody, I was completely unimpressed by his record too.

I wouldn't mind having babies with his Mrs.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:

I wouldn't mind having babies with his Mrs.
Ooops - big mistake. I've got nothing against PM's wife as I've never met the lady, when I wrote the above I was thinking of Matty Elliot's wife.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Paul Moody got married after he left Oxford.

I know that as a neighbour of mine played in a blues band at his wedding at Southsea Castle.

According to him she looked like a &quotWAG&quot.