Magilton

Anything yellow and blue
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotResurrection Ox&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotty cobb&quot wrote: We are where we are.
As ever.
But where do people think we will be this time twelve months down the line. I wish I could feel more optimistic than I am doing at present. Whatever is coming I'll be giving the new regime my 100% backing, but I'm still waiting for something positive to happen that gives me belief.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

My thoughts exactly.

As we're keeping most of our squad I think we'll struggle to go up at Champs, which leaves us with the lottery of the play offs.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

We should not underestimate the Conference, it is littered with ex-league clubs who thought they could go straight back up. Even Carlisle, with all the momentum they generated after their takeover only finished 3rd and got up through the playoffs.

The bookies may have us as favourites, but I dont think it will be easy, even if everything falls into place during the summer. It is going to be a tight league and while obviously winning it has to be the aim, I think the playoffs is by far the more likely scenario and one I will take at this point in time.

What we don't need is to panic if we don't come out of the blocks flying. As long as we keep in touch as we find our feet then we should be able to push on as the season progresses.

Looking at a couple of non-league forums, it seems Exeter and York are the favourites among supporters for the title.