Throstle Nest

Anything yellow and blue
Snake
Grumpy old git

Throstle Nest

Post by Snake »

A very boring first 30 minutes with neither keeper having much to do, and while Farsley had the better of the first half we looked reasonably in control during the second half.

Rhodes seemed competent, Bailey looked better.

At 4-4-2 (from 4-3-3 in the first 45 minutes) in the second half it looked ok really, it did look ok!

Gilly was awesome in his management of the defence. From the side of the pitch in the second half you could hear almost every instruction that was being given and Day in particular seemed to hang off his every word.

Alex Fisher spent most of his time trotting up and down the line keeping warm, and I suspect (along with that leap of faith to 4-4-2) that Smith stuck him on at the end just to appease the call for local youth as much as anything.

Elvis just never stopped screaming.

/

And what a weird place Farsley Celtic is

The 322 Us fans were allowed out of the ground at half-time to visit both the burger van and the biggest bar for away supporters I’ve ever been in. The bar was a huge sports hall adjacent to the ground.

While Jim Smith strolled directly across the pitch to get to the away dugout the Farsley manager walked around the ground and through the fans the long way around, presumably to keep his shoes clean.

The toilet facilities in our ends were two portacabins, which were shared by both boys and girls.

In essence, the place is the pits and in reality we’ll probably be going there again next season. It’s also the closest we’ll get to playing at Elland Road this season, which is the sort of ground a club like Oxford United should be playing at in our League I travels if it wasn’t for all the shenanigans that have taken place over the last 10 years or so.

/

Smith Out, and take that waster Nick Merry with you. I’m not sure who has the biggest gut right now but at least Jim’s had 17 more years to accumulate one.