Frank
Puberty

Histon 1 - 0

Post by Frank »

SMITH OUT
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

Presumably Iraqi WMDs have a better chance of reaching Cyprus in 45 minutes than our forwards of reaching the Histon goal....
entirely disenchanted
Zeke
Dashing young thing

Post by Zeke »

If this result holds up, it is unacceptable. Smith out
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

I take this personally.

I know Histon. My mother used to live in the next village along. I used to drive through it. I was in the public library there.

It's like losing to Wheatley.
entirely disenchanted
Foghorn
Toddler

Post by Foghorn »

Even from 11,000 miles away this is hurting.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

What a fucking embarrassment. We created nothing second half against a team of part-timers who played (and conceded five!) 48 hours previously.

SMITH OUT
Frank
Puberty

Post by Frank »

Nick - GET HIM OUT TONIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone - but Smith please. His status is dropping quickly and the &quotSmith Out&quot songs will soon follow.

Tonight was a TOTAL DISGRACE !!
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

We're 11th, nine points adrift already, and everyone else has a game in hand. Bollocks.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Merry, get him out, or get out yourself and let someone else get rid of him.

And I don't want Patterson either. Unless he's contractually obliged to keep his mouth shut at half time?
Parklife12
Puberty

Post by Parklife12 »

Do you think Mourinho is up for a challenge??!!

SMITH AND MERRY OUT!!! Got to do it now, before we fall too far behind
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

I suspect this might well be the end of Jim - or at least the event that decides his ultimate fate.
Foghorn
Toddler

Re:

Post by Foghorn »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:Merry, get him out, or get out yourself and let someone else get rid of him.

And I don't want Patterson either. Unless he's contractually obliged to keep his mouth shut at half time?
Why is Patterson suddenly persona non grata? What does he say at half time that is so bad? Hasn't Smith been doing the half time team talks? To what extent can Patterson be blamed for the dodgy team selections, formations, public humiliation of players etc? He had success with the youth team didn't he, so maybe there's a case for installing him as caretaker at the very least.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotFoghorn&quot wrote:Why is Patterson suddenly persona non grata? What does he say at half time that is so bad? Hasn't Smith been doing the half time team talks? To what extent can Patterson be blamed for the dodgy team selections, formations, public humiliation of players etc? He had success with the youth team didn't he, so maybe there's a case for installing him as caretaker at the very least.
Well I believe that he's permanently tainted by association now. Either he agrees with the way Jim is running the team and is complicit in it, or he's not strong enough to impose an alternative will.

Thanks to the wage cap and the contracts, any new manager won't be able to do anything about the playing staff. So we're going to need a really strong, confident personality to buck the players up. They came out for the second half and everyone could see that they already thought they'd lost.

Nigel Clough is my first choice. To be really honest, anyone but Jim would do, but I don't think Patto will be able to turn it around.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

SMITH OUT SMITH OUT SMITH OUT SMITH OUT

HUMILIATED TONIGHT. CLUESS DRIVEL. WE ARE A JOKE UNDER SMITH.

I have felt pretty low watching OUFC but nothing beats this. We’ve lost to a bunch of part-timers from a f******g village who played two days ago whilst we have had a much longer rest period. We never put them uuder any pressure.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:We’ve lost to a bunch of part-timers from a f******g village who played two days ago whilst we have had a much longer rest period. We never put them uuder any pressure.
don't forget we have a personal massure too... and they are part time, playing on sat and 97 mins of a game with 9 goals in it on Tues... something stinks about our set up when you compare those facts...