Setanta Games

Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotResurrection Ox&quot wrote:
&quotty cobb&quot wrote:This is going to make watching Oxford a very strange and annoying experience. Does anyone know how much money we are getting out of this deal, being by far the biggest team in the division we are going to get mucked about far more than most teams and if they start moving Sat home games I will consider asking for a refund on my season ticket - getting back for mid week games is never very easy.

If the money isn't that much can we just tell them to stuff it?
Thye haven't moved any Sat games yet. The disturbance to my eyes looks no worse than what supporters had to suffer last year. Pleased that we are not being moved to Sunday nights as yet. That slot does not seem right for football.
The disturbance is clearly far worse than last season.

Don't mind Sunday nights compared to other times. Much easier to get to games than any other night. Having said that, I'm a bit of a traditionalist and would far prefer to see games on Saturday 3pm.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Yeah, this is a major pain. I'm boycotting Setanta. (Not that I've had anything to do with them anyway...)
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotSnake&quot wrote: Does anyone know how much we get paid from Setanta for this?
A key question, but money should not be the only criteria. Isn't it just ruining football? Or should that be hasn't it already ruined football? Anyway I hazard a guess it will not be much.

Wonder what the reaction would be if there was anti - Setanta chanting (nothing too rude of course) and a few banners around demanding that the fans are not messed around.
keyboard warrior
Baby

Post by keyboard warrior »

I wasn't too bothered with the fiddling around of midweek fixtures, but the change to the Rushden away game is a different matter. Please, we must get promoted this season. :?
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Hopefully the TV viewing figures for these games will be negligible and Setanta will give it up. Thursday is a crazy day to switch matches to if there's another match scheduled for the Saturday - did they think this through?
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Does anyone know how much we get paid from Setanta for this?
There is a rumour doing the rounds that it is £20k for the home side and either £4k or £5k for the visitors.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by ty cobb »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:Does anyone know how much we get paid from Setanta for this?
There is a rumour doing the rounds that it is £20k for the home side and either £4k or £5k for the visitors.
So for most of these away games on the Thu, that will bugger us up for the Sat, we're getting 5k - hardly worth it is it??

With a smaller squad this year and being the biggest draw in the division this has the potential to screw us.
yellowportly
Brat

Re:

Post by yellowportly »

&quotJimski&quot wrote:Hopefully the TV viewing figures for these games will be negligible and Setanta will give it up. Thursday is a crazy day to switch matches to if there's another match scheduled for the Saturday - did they think this through?
It's to do with space available in the TV Schedules

Saturday - premiersh*t
Sunday - premiersh*t
Monday - premiersh*t
Tuesday - European/CC Cup
Wednesday - - European ?
Thursday - Spare
Friday - Champ/CCL1/CCL2
--== Keep On Keepin' On ==--
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

Call me old fashioned, but what happened to football at 3pm on Saturday end of?
We're getting completely saturated with it now. There is such a thing as overkill and I think I'm suffering from it already and the season hasn't even started!!

A sign of the times I suppose.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

The season starts on August 11, I wonder when the first day without live football on the telly will be.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotportly&quot wrote:
&quotJimski&quot wrote:Hopefully the TV viewing figures for these games will be negligible and Setanta will give it up. Thursday is a crazy day to switch matches to if there's another match scheduled for the Saturday - did they think this through?
It's to do with space available in the TV Schedules

Saturday - premiersh*t
Sunday - premiersh*t
Monday - premiersh*t
Tuesday - European/CC Cup
Wednesday - - European ?
Thursday - Spare
Friday - Champ/CCL1/CCL2
Isn't Thursday night UEFA cup night?
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotJohn Byrne's Underpants&quot wrote:Call me old fashioned, but what happened to football at 3pm on Saturday end of?
OK, if you insist - Mr Underpants, you are old fashioned.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Actually, as I don’t have a Sky dish or a cable network in my street then this Setanta offer is increasingly looking quite tempting. That’s because I do have a Freeview box (like almost everyone these days) and there is no contractual tie-in, which is the key to this early promotion.

For £30 I will be able to see the Mighty Yellows live on the telly six times during the first three months of the season when it would obviously cost more than that, for example, just going to Histon.

I’m not saying that’s right for teams at our level, just that it’s an attractive commercial proposition for the casual supporter.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Does anyone know if there are going to be further games moved because of the televised games?

i.e. Thu Aug 18 Cambridge A followed by Sat Aug 18th Burton A

This one could be a bigger issue because Burton normally change their games to a Friday night because they share their stewards with Derby County. I've just checked and Derby are away at Tottenham on the 18th so that shouldn't be an issue.

Tue Sep 18 Grays A followed by Thu Sep 20 Histon A

Thu Oct 11 Torquay H followed by Sat Oct 13 Farsley A
Mark G
Puberty

Re:

Post by Mark G »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Does anyone know if there are going to be further games moved because of the televised games?

i.e. Thu Aug 18 Cambridge A followed by Sat Aug 18th Burton A

This one could be a bigger issue because Burton normally change their games to a Friday night because they share their stewards with Derby County. I've just checked and Derby are away at Tottenham on the 18th so that shouldn't be an issue.

Tue Sep 18 Grays A followed by Thu Sep 20 Histon A

Thu Oct 11 Torquay H followed by Sat Oct 13 Farsley A
From what I've heard from Burton supporters on other forums, they aren't borrowing the Derby stewards this season which caused the game to be moved last season.