Fixtures

Anything yellow and blue
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Fixtures

Post by A-Ro »

Are out in 20 minutes, where is the best site to get hold of them? I'm going to opt for confguide unless anyone knows of a better site.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

On the official site now -FGR at home to start.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

My thread has been gazumped (so I deleted it!), but here's the link to the fixtures:

http://www.oufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne ... 45,00.html
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

The run in looks nasty. Lets hope we have accumulated enough points for promotion before the final 5 or 6 matches.

Glad to see we've got another home game on Boxing Day.

It would have been nice to get a seaside visit on a bank holiday weekend, though the over-zealous police forces would probably have changed the fixture to a Tuesday evening anyway.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:The run in looks nasty. Lets hope we have accumulated enough points for promotion before the final 5 or 6 matches.

Glad to see we've got another home game on Boxing Day.

It would have been nice to get a seaside visit on a bank holiday weekend, though the over-zealous police forces would probably have changed the fixture to a Tuesday evening anyway.
Torquay on a Tuesday night, they're trying to spoil my fun deliberately.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

Tell you what, Stevenage is a great place to go for an August Bank Holiday.
entirely disenchanted
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

There are a few early candidates for the first defeat of the season, and a little bit of me is hoping we do get beaten early on.

One of our problems last year was that long unbeaten run...the team started going into matches looking not to lose, rather than going for the points. 2-5-2 turned into 5-3-2 ... the rest is history.

A couple of early defeats might mean we have to play &quotcatch up&quot football, ie go out to win every match, which will benefit us.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

3-5-2...
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Confguide was no good, not only did the info pitch up on the official site first, confguide couldn't handle the increased traffic and has now crashed.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Is there any reason I shouldn't post them on here for anyone who is having difficulty cutting and pasting from the official site?
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Are they deliberately trying to ruin Christmas - Boxing Day at home to Crawley, New Years Day away at Crawley complete with Steve Evans and Paul Raynor no doubt proving to be the ultimate antidote to Santa...unless of course they've gone bust by then and we have a very quiet Christmas!

Nothing midweek from mid-October to Christmas (I dont think we join the Shield until round 4). Febraury and March dont look quite so manic as long as we avoid too many cup games.

Both Exeter and Torquay come up to us on Tuesdays - is that because we are considered local derbies to them?

Both Weymouth and Torquay away within four days (Sat-Tues) in April - how about the powers that be stump up for a few days on the south coast for the players in between?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotMooro&quot wrote:Are they deliberately trying to ruin Christmas - Boxing Day at home to Crawley, New Years Day away at Crawley complete with Steve Evans and Paul Raynor no doubt proving to be the ultimate antidote to Santa...unless of course they've gone bust by then and we have a very quiet Christmas!

Nothing midweek from mid-October to Christmas (I dont think we join the Shield until round 4). Febraury and March dont look quite so manic as long as we avoid too many cup games.

Both Exeter and Torquay come up to us on Tuesdays - is that because we are considered local derbies to them?

Both Weymouth and Torquay away within four days (Sat-Tues) in April - how about the powers that be stump up for a few days on the south coast for the players in between?
It could have been worse Mooro. You could have been facing a trip to Farsley Celtic on Boxing Day, or worse still Stevenage, eh POU?

We have home games for the first match and for Boxing Day, which can't be bad.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:[
It could have been worse Mooro. You could have been facing a trip to Farsley Celtic on Boxing Day, or worse still Stevenage, eh POU?

Yeah, but I don't KNOW that the Farsley management are complete pustules on the face of football and are destioned to serve up thuggery as an excuse for the beautiful game.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotMooro&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:[

Yeah, but I don't KNOW that the Farsley management are complete pustules on the face of football and are destioned to serve up thuggery as an excuse for the beautiful game.
I wasn't thinking about the quality of football, more the distance to travel on Boxing Day.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

No league game within 200 miles of me until after Christmas. :cry: