Stadium

Anything yellow and blue
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Stadium

Post by theox »

Assuming that the club at some stage owns the stadium (a big leap of faith i know) and has the cash/desire to develop it, what capacity can the stadium be expanded to? I guess the 4th side would make it 15,000 but is it in the plans to fill in the corners or add 2nd tiers? or anything like that?
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

I thought that it had a theoretical maximum capacity of 20,000 but I don't have anything to support that.
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

From what I recall of the original plans, the addition of the 4th stand would increase capacity to 15,000. Then, if the 4 corners were filled in, this would make the capacity 23,000.

Don't know where they're going to put the rest of us, though.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

From memory, the theoretical maximum is 32,000, based on fourth stand, completing the corners and there is provision for adding another tier to each stand.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

The planning permission which was granted was for a 15,000 seater stadium.

There has been talk of plans involving filling in the corners and/or adding tiers to various stands, but I don't think these have ever really progressed beyond &quotback-of-fag-packet&quot type calculations, so anything above the 15,000 is speculative.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

What if you put in really small seats and filled it with children and dwarves?
entirely disenchanted
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:The planning permission which was granted was for a 15,000 seater stadium.

There has been talk of plans involving filling in the corners and/or adding tiers to various stands, but I don't think these have ever really progressed beyond &quotback-of-fag-packet&quot type calculations, so anything above the 15,000 is speculative.
Again from memory, these were a bit more than fag packet stuff. They were options built into the design of the stadium, hence for example, the shelf at the back of the OM stand.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Aren't dwarves a mythical race?
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotJimski&quot wrote:Aren't dwarves a mythical race?

Isn't a 4 sided stadium in Oxford a mythical place?
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Resurrection Ox »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:From memory, the theoretical maximum is 32,000, based on fourth stand, completing the corners and there is provision for adding another tier to each stand.
28,000 is what I'd heard. Rather a futile thread for the short term I'd say .
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotResurrection Ox&quot wrote: 28,000 is what I'd heard. Rather a futile thread for the short term I'd say .
And the long term given that our support is not as great and vast as some make out. Big for the Conference yes, but we couldn't even fill the ground in the play off semi against Exeter or sell all the tickets for the first leg. And parking - well, it doesn't bear thinking about with a 28,000 gate.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:The planning permission which was granted was for a 15,000 seater stadium.

That's very close, but there was once a computer model showing the ground with all 4 corners filled in, and the 'Business Area' behind the East Stand completed. This took the capacity up to 25,000.

As far as I know there is no provision to extend the size of the existing stands and add another tier, but what's the point of even talking about this.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

It's late June, that's what the point is.
entirely disenchanted
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:

Again from memory, these were a bit more than fag packet stuff. They were options built into the design of the stadium, hence for example, the shelf at the back of the OM stand.
I was under the impression that the shelf was where the physio/sports club/something else was originally meant to go.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

The shelf at the back of the east stand was for &quotbusiness seating&quot as part of a bar and restaurant that was supposed to be in the back of the stand. A sort of upmarket supporters club. The sports injury clinic was a much more recent idea of a way to use the east stand void that Kassam came up with.