Old boys

Anything yellow and blue
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

I wish Jim had Jefferson Louis to work with rather than Marvellous Marvin.
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by Paul Cooper »

&quotDLT&quot wrote:I wish Jim had Jefferson Louis to work with rather than Marvellous Marvin.
Only just. Louis had potential but poor attitude. Not sure that bthere is much difference to be honest.
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

Well Jefferson had a pea for a brain and was easily misled.

But he had strength in a challenge. Was mobile around the pitch. Could control a ball and put it in the net on a reasonable percentage of time times he had the chance.

When he was with us he had the barking mad sargeant major manager who didn't have the brains to develop players.

I just think handled properly Louis had the potential to actually develop into a decent lower league player.

Robinson might be a dedicated pro but has no mobility or skill to speak of. Rarely wins the ball in the air or actually gets in goal scoring opoortunities.
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Resurrection Ox »

&quotDLT&quot wrote:Well Jefferson had a pea for a brain and was easily misled.

But he had strength in a challenge. Was mobile around the pitch. Could control a ball and put it in the net on a reasonable percentage of time times he had the chance.

When he was with us he had the barking mad sargeant major manager who didn't have the brains to develop players.

I just think handled properly Louis had the potential to actually develop into a decent lower league player.

Robinson might be a dedicated pro but has no mobility or skill to speak of. Rarely wins the ball in the air or actually gets in goal scoring opoortunities.
You are maligning Marv. I think he will do better for us this season.

Forget Louis. He has done nothing at a series of clubs since leaving us.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

You just don’t give up, do you, Tim?

According to you Marv will be part of the resurrection to the glories of Division Four football next season, but I’d rather have Tommy Mooney on a Zimmer frame as a proper centre forward.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

Could control a ball ??????????????

When, where?

Come on - he wasn't very good.
Resurrection Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Resurrection Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:You just don’t give up, do you, Tim?

According to you Marv will be part of the resurrection to the glories of Division Four football next season, but I’d rather have Tommy Mooney on a Zimmer frame as a proper centre forward.
I go by what I see with my own eyes Mr Wind Up.

Once the lad had got fully fit he contributed far more to the team in the last 5/6 games of the season than quite a few others. Duffy, as an example.
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by DLT »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:

Could control a ball ??????????????

When, where?

Come on - he wasn't very good.
Maybe my glasses have a rosey tint. But I have a clear memory of the him coming on at Cambridge (I hope) and skinning the opposition.

I wouldn't say he was the answer to our prayers but like for like with Marvellous, on half the wages, I know which one I would bet on Jimbo turning into a semi decent striker.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotDLT&quot wrote:[Louis] had strength in a challenge. Was mobile around the pitch. Could control a ball and put it in the net on a reasonable percentage of time times he had the chance.
You what? This is one of the most extreme cases of revisionism I've ever seen on these pages. And that's saying something.

Louis was one of the most limited 'strikers' I've ever seen in an Oxford shirt. Are you confusing him with Craig Davies or something?

As Boris says, he'll score against us though.
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

Maybe I just want tolisten to him telling Jerome that 'this is the start of the Louis error' again.

How can a guy who 'scored' the winning goalin a live cup tie against the SCUM be held in such low esteem by us fans?

Ok apart from being a car thief, driving whilst banned, without insurance.

The bloke has achieved more than most expected simply by not being Terry Parker's room mate for 6 months.

And nowSimon Weatherstone will teach him all he knows about goal scoring.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Worth recalling JL's goal against Slumdon though, and that penalty at Charlton. He wasn't all bad. But no way would I wish to see him back in the United Yellow - that would be a backward step to say the least.

(Hadn't seen DLT's post when I first put this up)
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

I thought Louis was ok - his scoring record wasn't at all bad for us really.

I see Bash has signed for Exeter btw.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Bash

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I see Basham has now signed for Exeter City.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Echo (echo ... echo ....echo)
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotA-Ro&quot wrote:Echo (echo ... echo ....echo)
Have you been watching the Teletubbies again?

Checking out the potential new bloke on the Airdrie website (don't bother, it's crap), I noticed that they've just released Neil Mcgowan...