Grumpy old git

Re: Rock Steady Crewe

Post by Radley Rambler » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:34 pm

FFS.

Dr Bob
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Dr Bob » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:24 am

Having messed up big time first time around, they then managed to play on Saturday before something once again going badly wrong, presumably either with their own Covid protocols or with individual players' actions. The trouble is, can we really expect the EFL to take anything like adequate action to get clubs and players to conduct themselves appropriately?

Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:31 pm

There is all sorts of conjecture and opinion on the other side but what is bizarre is the complete lack of official statement from either Crewe or the EFL. A major (in my eyes at least) sporting event has not taken place and we don't actually know why........

Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:43 am

To be honest there's a whole lot of events that aren't happening at the moment, many of them much more important than a 3rd division football match. Yes the circumstances are a bit odd, but apart from not having a game to watch when we were expecting one it's hardly a big deal for us fans is it? No-one who wasn't being paid to be there had travel plans changed or were out of pocket. Any clamour to be awarded the points is very unseemly.

As an aside, my son's U13 team were supposed to have a cup game last Sunday. One of the opposition players was in a bubble at school with a confirmed Covid case, and was therefore told to self-isolate for 14 days, but their team had trained on Friday night shortly before the news of the positive test came through. Both coaches agreed to call the game off. The local FA are now saying it should have gone ahead, and are insisting it is played this weekend. Some parents on both teams seem a little reticent, and it's not clear whether the game will happen, or what will happen if it doesn't. A league game has already been shelved for this week to make way for the re-arranged cup game. I don't care - the risk seems very minimal given there's no suggestion that any players have symptoms. But it would be nice to know whether I've got to travel 1.25 hours each way on Sunday morning and whether my son has a game to get excited about.

In comparison, I really couldn't give a shit what Crewe said to whom and when. There's going to be plenty more of this in the coming months, so I don't know why people are getting so worked up about it. It would be nice to have another game to watch soon, and to give the club another tenner, though after last Saturday I'm not even sure about that.

Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Geoff » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:28 pm

iFollow won't be getting another tenner out of me unless I get back the tenner they took for not showing me the Gillingham game.

Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Geoff » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:50 pm

Geoff wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:28 pm
iFollow won't be getting another tenner out of me unless I get back the tenner they took for not showing me the Gillingham game.
Having (much to my surprise) received back my tenner for the Gillingham game, I'm tempted to re-invest in Charlton.

OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:25 am

Geoff wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:50 pm
Geoff wrote:
Having (much to my surprise) received back my tenner for the Gillingham game, I'm tempted to re-invest in Charlton.
Was it worth it?

Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:38 pm

OtmoorYellow wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:25 am
Geoff wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:50 pm
Geoff wrote:
Was it worth it?
I thought the camera angle was rather high, and the audio went unpleasantly robotic a few times for no apparent reason. The football itself went entirely as expected.